Wednesday, July 8, 2015

If you can't beat them, Join them

Haha ,
I am not a fan of Facebook or of Twitter, but it seems social media is the way to go. We have had much success with finding missing LoCo's in Africa. Only 5 of the 18 countries still to get contact with so than can join our Africa initiative. Maybe the social media bit will help. So now we have a tweet place as well  @ubuntuinafrica and a FB  page https://www.facebook.com/groups/494775420686780/
Here one can see the Ubuntu users already committed  https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-africa
I am pleased to find that each new user or group I get into contact with is excited and happy that there is a Ubuntu revival underway in Africa. Personally I don"t mind if a few other countries join us as well, because why limit oneself to one continent if you can meet and make friends on all of them. isn't this what community spirit is all about? Oh and of course most important of all is I received my Ubuntu membership certificate today after 6 months of stressing because the post office took their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment